Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Further Adventure of Winnie the Pooh (first version)

As the morning sun rose over the trees, Winnie the Pooh came across his friends at a
clearing in the woods. "Hello" he said to Rabbit, Tigger, and Piglet. They each returned his greeting, then Tigger said "where's Christopher Robin?". Pooh frowned and said "He is staying in his room all morning, says he's going be with Victoria."
"Who's Victoria?" asked Rabbit. Pooh sighed... "I dunno, I haven't met her yet."
"Well, if he wants to spend this whole morning with her, she must be a nice person" said Rabbit. "Yes, very nice" chimed in Piglet. "I suppose," said Pooh as he stared at the ground, then added, "he says she has a secret to tell him."
Tigger sprung to his feet, "Ooh... She should tell her secret to me! We Tigger's are
the best at keeping secrets!"
"No, no, Tigger" said Rabbit, "She doesn't know you... It is a secret, after all". Tigger reluctantly agreed and sat back down. "How long has Christopher Robin known her?" asked Piglet. "I'm not sure" said Pooh, "I think he met her at school."
"Gee Pooh" said Piglet, "I'm not sure they know each other well enough to be tellin' secrets. This whole thing makes me a little nervous."
"Everything," said Rabbit annoyingly, "makes you nervous Piglet."

At that moment, Eeyore came slowly into the clearing. "Hey everybody" he said quietly. "Hello Eeyore" they all said at once. "What are you guys talking about?" asked Eeyore. Tigger was back on his feet, "Christopher Robin is visiting with a girl this morning, and they're sharin' secrets! I wish I could be there too, we tiggers are soooo good with keeping secrets!" "Tigger..." said Rabbit and Tigger sat back down. "Hmm, I don't know" said Eeyore, "I don't like secrets. They're always so mysterious, and I don't like mysteries either."
"Yes" said Piglet, "Eeyore's right. I think we should go to the house and stop this entire thing... maybe." And Tigger was back on his feet "Yes!" he shouted, "it'll be our biggest adventure ever... To keep the secret a secret!"
"I'm not sure we should interfere" said Pooh, "I think he was looking forward to this."
"I think I agree with Piglet" said Rabbit, "I think secret are something Chirstopher Robin doesn't need to be involved with. I say we go to the house."
Pooh looked up, and at his friends. Then he said "I suppose, I mean... I think we will be helping him, and I will do anything to help Christopher Robin."
"It's settled then" said Rabbit. "Oh, boy. Let's go" added Tigger.

As the sun continued to rise over the trees, Winnie the Pooh and his friends marched
through the woods. They were all determined to get to Christopher Robin's house and keep that secret, a secret...

No comments:

new adventures.

boy, it sure has been a while. i'm updating all my internet properties because i have to work on my "online presence" for a ux...